Thursday, August 31, 2006

A Rare Find

After PMA returned from Sin City, she raved about the amount of time she spent at Sephora (and this is from a girl whose heart rate doesn't start speeding up as she nears the store!) Her new find is the Bare Escentuals Mineral Makeup. Their tag line: "Makeup so pure you can sleep in it." She noticed that the coverage was flawless and truly believes "You should try this!" I love trying new things but am a cynic when I see the word flawless....only if I have makeup applied daily by a makeup artist can I somewhat achieve that.

On the occasions that I decide to wear makeup, I hate the fact that I am aware when liquid foundation is on me...makes me want to wash my face. Makeup, it's such a love/hate relationship. I hardly wear it and am on the quest to look for something that makes my skin "flawless" without having to wear anything. Trust me girls, I'll let you know when I find it! So Lychee and I hit the Sephora and let their makeup artists take a shot at applying the makeup. I love the fact that it's minerals and is in powder form. The instructions are "Swirl, Tap, Buff." How easy can that be? (I need things to be easy, I'd rather spend the rest of the time catching up on my zzzz's.) So I try it, and I can't even see that there's anything on my face. I guess that's a good sign. Although I do feel like I'm not applying it properly, I'll give it a few more weeks before I add it to the rest of the makeup that temptation drove me to buy.

The product that really intrigued me in their collection was their Rare Minerals Skin Treatment.

This breakthrough, mineral-based nighttime treatment represents the first of its kind. For the first time ever, all 72 organic macro and micro minerals that exist in nature are available in a time released, active ingredient formula. Containing no preservatives and zero irritants whatsoever, it's ideal for all skin types, even the most sensitive.

Bare Escentuals creates its products with the belief that healthy skin is the first line of defense against aging. The patent-pending, 100 percent pure organic mineral concentrate in RareMinerals Skin Revival Treatment™ contains a perfectly-balanced blend of 72 macro and micro minerals harvested from untouched, virgin soil. The unique, non-aqueous form of the organic soil mineral concentrate is the perfect nutrient carrier for vitamins A and C, and a host of botanical extracts. Some of the benefits are: faster skin renewal, increased firmness, improved hydration, increased skin luminosity, and a reduction in the appearance of redness associated with acne and rosacea.

The exclusive powder form delivers these benefits at their fullest potency, and also increases the skin's ability to better utilize each of its natural ingredients. While the Pillow Puff™ applicator provides flawless delivery and exact application, the real action takes place while you're sleeping.

So, easy to apply makeup, a product that claims to be beneficial for me and works best while I'm sleeping, I can spend all day in bed! Yes, I'm sold and hey, I'm worth it. :)

2 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home